What is Elder Law?
Elder law is defined by the specific type of clients served – seniors and their family members. Attorneys practicing elder law handle a range of issues and learn to work with many legal tools and techniques in order to meet the goals and objectives of their older clients. Using a holistic approach, the elder law practitioner handles general estate planning issues, counsels clients about planning for incapacity, and assists in planning for possible long-term care needs, including nursing home care. This latter goal might involve locating appropriate care, coordinating private and public resources to finance the cost of of care, and working to to ensure the right to quality of care.
Slater Law Office LLC has been providing clients throughout Indiana with exceptional representation in matters of elder law since 1991.
At our law firm, we see to it that your needs and the needs of your loved ones are taken care of personally and we encourage you to find out for yourself what a difference this makes.
Issues addressed by Elder Law include but are not limited to:
- Estate Planning: Wills and Trusts, Living Trusts
- Medicaid Planning for Individuals and Couples
- Special Needs Trusts
- Advanced Directives, Living Wills, End-of-Life Issues
- Appointment of Health Care Representatives
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Planning for Care of Disabled Family Members
- Long Term Care: placement and financing of care in nursing homes or assisted living facilities.
Slater Law office is dedicated to serving the needs of our clients living in Carmel, Indianapolis and all of central Indiana in matters of Elder Law.